For Sponsors: Planning for 2023
Prepare for the 2023 N.C. Summer Nutrition Program Application and Continuing Education
Last updated: Monday, December 19, 2022
Between now and February, set yourself up for success next summer by planning the following:
- Turn in your completed Statement of Intent, available in the School Nutrition Technology System (SNTS)
- Download Forms.
- Start to determine sites that will be operating in 2023.
- Look at gaps in your coverage and use the N.C. Capacity Builder to identify areas to expand your meal services.
- Submit the online application for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) in the SNTS, with the basics of what you know at the current time. (You can always add or change info.)
- Save the date for SummerPalooza: Destination Summer in January 2023. Registration details will be forthcoming. Choose from 3 options:
- January 17, 2023 – Hickory
- January 19, 2023 – Greenville
- January 20, 2023 – Raleigh
- Plan for the School Food Authority (SFA) Continuing Education:
- Complete the Required Annual Continuing Education (RACE) Online by February 28, 2023 (scheduled release date February 1, 2023).
- Additional trainings on Meal Counting and Claiming/Cartewheel will be offered. Check future SN Updates for registration details.
- If your SFA is scheduled for a SFSP Administrative Review, you will be invited to a RACE Live Training, tentatively held March 2023.
Interested in becoming a summer meals sponsor for the first time? Visit this page.
If you have questions, please reach out to the NCDPI Summer Nutrition Program team.